What is MaCaW?
We are here to help Lancashire SMEs to reduce their carbon footprint, save money on energy costs and provide grant funding to purchase low carbon technology. The MaCaW Project has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund alongside the University of Central Lancashire as part of a drive to reduce the planet’s carbon footprint and is completely FREE of charge to Lancashire SMEs.
The project is a very simple process for businesses, with the vast majority of the leg work done by the MaCaW Team. This means you have more time to spend doing what you do best – running your amazing business!
How will it benefit my business?
The MaCaW project will:
- Reduce costs within your business by identifying alternative processes to reduce energy usage
- Provide a match funded grant, up to the value of £8,000 for the purchase of low-carbon technology
- Strengthen tenders and help to win new business by helping you to report on and meet low carbon requirements
- Increase resource efficiency within your business and thereby reduce CO2e emissions
How does it work?
Stage 1: Register your interest, MaCaW Team to establish eligibility and meet with you to plan your project.
Stage 2: 12 hours of funded support to include a Carbon Assessment. This will be followed by a detailed Carbon Assessment Report and Action Plan. You will be supported through the process of implementing the plan within your business.
Stage 3: Low Energy and Renewable Technology Grant. Up to £15,000 match funding is available (for eligible businesses who have been through stage 2) for the purchase of equipment to reduce the carbon footprint of your business.
Stage 4: Implementation and Monitoring. The MaCaW team will be with you through every step of the process, guiding you through the action plan and monitoring your carbon reduction levels at regular intervals.
Who is it for?
To benefit from the MaCaW project and see how you can reduce your energy usage and associated costs, your business must be:
- Located in the Lancashire region
- Employ 250 employees or less
- Have either an annual turnover that is equal to or less than €50 million or a balance sheet total that is equal to or less than €43 million
- Have received less than €200,000 of state funding in the last 3 years