We are an established company based in Darwen Blackburn operating in the Audio Visual /technology Industry. We are looking an experienced AV Engineer. This role is hands-on and this person should have a keen interest in technology with practical abilities and doesn’t mind travelling and working away from home. Our customer base ranges from the Education sector (schools / colleges) to commercial sector (restaurants – retail outlets etc.)
The ideal candidate would have computer and IT skills and experience in installation projects which include, networking, cabling, software implementations and installation methods.
Job specific training will be provided where necessary.
We must stress that as our customer base is spread across the UK this position will entail travel, to be discussed. The trips can be short half day/one day trips or could be longer, although not usually longer than 2 days.
The job can be very rewarding and does give an unprecedented opportunity to the right candidate.
- Hard Working & Self-Motivated
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Good common sense & takes pride in their work
- Excellent personal skills with a view to dealing with customers & suppliers .
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Computer/IT literate
- Positive, flexible outlook and willing to travel
Key Responsibilities :
- Installation methods for all Alpha Digitals products – such as Digital signage , interactive screens .
- Onsite maintenance and service/ repair calls .
- Represent the company in a positive & professional manner
- Provide instruction & training to clients
- Health and safety on site .
- Working as part of an overall technology team .
- Developing solutions to projects .
- Working in the warehouse.
- Assisting with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Computer and It literate
- Extensive knowledge of AV installation projects
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent