The apprentice will report directly to the Operations Director with the responsibility for supporting the activities of the Utility SwopShop Commercial Team on energy procurement acquisitions. The Business Administrator – Sales Support will be required to meet daily KPI’s and keep tasks up to date that are being generated.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the Business Administrator – Sales Support is responsible for supporting the Commercial team in achieving the business objectives and targets. This role is dedicated to supporting the sales activities in the office, updating the customer details on the system, pre-qualifying leads and contacting prospects to discuss their utility renewals.
·Support the development of the company data base and CRM system.
·Explain the energy broker service to potential clients and open up new leads/opportunities which will then be passed over to senior members of the team.
·Deliver a scripted sales pitch, adjusting where necessary to better target the needs and interests of the customer.
·Update prospect details and support the Operations Manager.
·Undertake other ad hoc duties as required by the Company
·Follow up on campaigns and signals that are sent out via the CRM system
·Keep up to date with energy industry news
Maintain and update the company’s CRM with prospect details
·Ensure that company procedures are followed and records updated as per company policy.
It is the responsibility of each individual job holder to ensure that all main duties as specified above are delivered to an acceptable standard. It is the responsibility of the Operations Director and the job holder to ensure that all relevant regulatory rules are adhered to and that the individual job holder becomes competent in all areas of duties
Your hours of work are 09.00am till 17.00pm, Monday to Friday, with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break.
Our holiday year runs from 1st January to 31st December and your entitlement for the first year is 20 working days. You are also entitled to all other statutory bank holidays
The basic salary for this role is basic salary will be £8775 per annum, rising to £9775 after 6 months and then £10775 after 12 months, paid on the last working day of each calendar month direct into your bank account.
- Basic interpersonal skills are required for this post
- The job holder must be able to build rapport with prospects
- The job holder must keep up to date with product knowledge in order to present products/services effectively and answer questions accurately
- The job holder MUST keep all prospect/client records maintained on a secure data base as per company policy and procedure
- English and mathsgrades A*- C (9-4) (or equivalent) are desirable or willingness to complete Functional Skills Level 2
- Your B&FC apprenticeship is made up of several different elements and each one reflects your individual abilities and career goals. Our expert tutors and assessors all benefit from relevant industry experience and will support you to achieve all your goals.
- No previous experience is required, and full training will be provided
- ·Basic engagement qualities, self-motivated with confident inter-personnel skills; excellent time management and organisational skills. Knowledge of MS Office packages
- There is a very good possibility that there will be a vacancy at the end of the apprenticeship as long as
- the apprenticeship is completed in full and to the desired standard.