Contract Type: Permanent
Department: Marketing and Business Development
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants, financial planners and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Bury and a business hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best north-west firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
An opportunity has arisen to join the marketing and business development team as an executive.
To be a key member of the marketing and business development team, working on a varied range of marketing activity. There is an emphasis on content writing, events and project management, email marketing, development of marketing collateral (both content writing and design), website maintenance, social media and CRM / database management.
The role is an exciting, fast-paced and wide-ranging position which requires a highly motivated individual with excellent organisational skills to assist the marketing team in driving forward the marketing activities of the firm.
• Content writing of blogs, literature and technical guides
• Design of marketing collateral, including magazines, newsletters, flyers, invitations and adverts
• Events / seminar planning (with full organisational responsibility including venue management, control of internal and external communications, liaising with delegates and reporting on feedback to measure return on investment)
• Updating and maintaining the firm’s website and reporting on statistics
• Developing digital campaigns (email marketing and social media)
• Creation and management of tender documents for new marketing leads (including market research and content writing)
• Supporting the firm’s CRM project, playing a key role in the development of the system
• Managing email marketing database and ensuring compliance with the firm’s GDPR policy
• Completion of various other ad-hoc marketing projects as required
• Working closely with the wealth management team managing their marketing campaigns and events
• Working collaboratively with the firm’s wider team and supporting the Senior Marketing Executive with the day-to-day management of the team’s Marketing Assistant
• Have studied a marketing, creative, English or other business-related degree (or relevant qualification, for example CIM Level 4)
• Experienced in writing copy for marketing purposes
• A team player looking to progress their career through practical experience
• An individual with strong initiative and project management skills (taking control and running with tasks through to completion)
• Able to multi-task and prioritise workload with minimal supervision
• Experienced in the use of social media channels in a professional capacity
• Well organised with excellent attention to detail (for copywriting and proof reading)
• Confident and able to deal with people at all levels to build strong internal relationships
• Have a minimum of two years’ marketing experience (preferably within a professional services or similar environment)
• Have experience in Adobe InDesign, WordPress and Mailchimp (or similar email marketing platforms)
• Be able to grasp an understanding of accounting and tax technical matters and turn this into easily digestible content
• Be industry aware of topics that would benefit the firm’s marketing strategy
• Focus on the importance of using brand correctly – ensuring all work and design activity aligns completely to the brand
• Be proactive with ideas and able to sell these into the senior team (later delivering initiatives and demonstrating their success)
If you would like to apply, or if you have any questions, please email Lauren.email@example.com