A rare opportunity has arisen to come and join Blackpool and The Fylde College as the Head of the prestigious Leadership, Management and Lifestyle curriculum area.
As a key member of the B&FC Management Forum, your challenge will be to positively contribute to our ongoing success. If you thrive in a dynamic and forward thinking business, where new ideas and innovation are supported and encouraged, and have the skills, experience and knowledge to have an impact, then we would be keen to hear from you.
For an informal conversation to discuss this opportunity, please email email@example.com by noon on 12 June 2022.
For more detailed information on this opportunity, please refer to the Candidate Pack.
B&FC Key Facts
Graded Good by Ofsted (2022)
One of the Fylde Coast’s largest employers with circa 1,000 employees
Circa. 12,500 students choose to study with B&FC annually
B&FC sites span across a 12 mile stretch of the Fylde Coast with 5 campuses, 3 specialist centres and 4 community learning centres
ESFA judge B&FC to be financially strong with a normal turnover c£54m
Rewards and Benefits
- Enhanced annual leave allowance of 43 days (full-time equivalent)
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) - 23% employer contribution
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) - 16% employer contribution
- Extensive professional development opportunities for all, with B&FC choosing to invest circa. £1.8m in colleague development annually
- Agile working opportunities
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive wellbeing provision including, but not limited to:
- Access to funded Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Occupational Health
- FREE Flu Vouchers for those not entitled through the NHS
- FREE eye tests
- Dedicated Wellbeing Hub available to all colleagues containing rich and varied content with resources relating to emotional, physical, financial and social wellbeing
- FREE healthy breakfast
- Sports facilities including fully equipped gym
- Health and beauty salon
- Trim Trails on Campus (guided routes for walks)
- Onsite food outlets and Starbucks at subsidised rates
- FREE car parking
- Onsite kids ‘Sports Camp’ 8am – 5pm during selected half term breaks
How to Apply. Please read...
- In order to apply for this role, click on the 'apply for this job' button on this page
There is a function to upload a CV at the beginning of the application form however, this is optional
The supporting statement within the online form has a limit of 1000 words. It is recommended to write the statement in a word document and then paste the text into the box provided
B&FC is committed to the promotion of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in all resourcing practices. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should a specific adjustment be required to support in the application and selection process
B&FC is dedicated to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of all learners, and expects all colleagues to share in this commitment. As such, employment at B&FC is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. For further information on DBS, please click here
The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website. Check whether your conviction or caution is spent by visiting Disclosure Calculator