Hypnotherapist/ NLP Practitioner
Reports to: Clinical Director
We are seeking fully qualified, experienced practitioner to join our staff professionals. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, your primary role will be for supporting a case load of clients with eating disorder and supporting your colleagues through your expertise in the area of eating disorders, wellbeing and psychological therapies.
Notwithstanding the above this post will also be expected to provide treatment to clients presenting with a wide range of other addictive and behavioural health problems
In conjunction with the Clinical Director
- Plan and deliver services to clients, in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Monitor and evaluate the service on a regular basis, providing update reports to the Clinical Director in order to secure funding.
- Liaise with other projects to share practice and contribute to the development of Breathe
- Attend relevant meetings.
- In consultation with the Clinical Director, attend relevant professional supervision.
- Support staff and users in developing a centre which provides a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Liaise with a full range of relevant professionals in social work, health, education and voluntary agencies, in order to co-ordinate services for clients and their families and to raise awareness of Breathe.
- Keep abreast of developments and take part in research activities as required.
- Working as a member of a sophisticated multidisciplinary clinical team and being open to training, learning and receiving supervision
- A relevant diploma/degree/certificate in this field
EXPERIENCE and PERSONAL SKILLS required
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, clinicians, colleagues and staff from other agencies.
- Initiative, creativity, self-direction, self-awareness.
- The post requires a person with a sound knowledge and understanding of the needs of eating disorders
- A person who has proven skills in working with clients to build up their self-esteem and confidence.
- The ability to operate as a member of a Team.
- A person with sound experience in working in group situations and with an understanding of group processes.
- A person with the flexibility of making the most of opportunities as they arise.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills; proven administrative, time management and organisational ability
- Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with clients;
- agreeing a contract to determine what will be covered in sessions (including confidentiality issues)
- Encouraging clients to talk about issues they feel they cannot normally share with others; actively listening to client concerns and empathising with their position;
- Accepting without bias the issues raised by clients;
- Helping clients towards a deeper understanding of their concerns;
- Challenging any inconsistencies in what clients say or do;
- Helping clients to make decisions and choices regarding possible ways forward;
- Referring clients to other sources of help, as appropriate;
- Working to agreed targets in relation to client contact;
- Keeping records and utilising reporting tools.
Hypnotherapist/ NLP Practitioner Duties
·Hypnotherapy/ NLP group & 1;1 work where available for ‘walk in’ clients
·Holistic therapy: group & 1:1
·Clinical Administration support to Clinical Co-ordinator & ensuring that all clinical documentation is being completed by clinicians & Clinical Co-ordinator
·Attending networking events & presentations about Breathe Therapy Services
·Meeting & greeting clients and supporting the Clinical Co-ordinator to ensure smooth running of clinic & clinic sessions
·Supporting clients in between sessions on Recovery Record (Footsteps Support)
·Attending team meetings & taking minutes
·General administration & communications internally & externally
·Application of funding for grants, funding and management and oversight of these for the Service Lead
·Development of Wellbeing service pathway and services
·Generally ensuring the smooth running of service & office