Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £60,000 – £65,000 DOE
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge?
LHR are working with a leading North-West Construction company who specialise in retail and leisure. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team delivering projects throughout the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive company and one in which you will be expected to contribute to the ongoing development often working with minimal supervision.
Key duties of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Produce high quality, accurate estimates, presented in a legible, analytical, and logical format
- Responsibility for processing tenders – Reviewing tender enquiries, identifying risks, packaging up the tender documents, acquiring prices from sub-contractors, preparing accurate take offs, and producing a full breakdown of pricing and completing the tender submission under tight deadlines
- Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations
- Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the site team
- Compilation of project preliminaries
- Preparation of budget estimates
- Value Engineering to ensure budgets are achieved without compromising quality
- Assist in the preparation of tenders in good time for analysis and adjudication by the Directors
- Prepare and quantify work schedules for sub-contract enquiries.
- Prepare and quantify work schedules for materials enquiries.
- Placement of sub-contract and materials orders
- Management of sub-contract orders and preparation of interim and final valuations
- Record, value and report on variations and issue regular cost reports
- Preparation and submission of final accounts and subsequent negotiation and settlement both with sub-contractors and client representatives
- Monitor costs to ensure budgets and targets are achieved
- Report on contractual issues
- Undertake risk evaluation
The Successful Quantity Surveyor:
- A background of working on fast-track leisure and retail projects
- Experience on project values of £50k – £5m
- HNC/HND and/ or a degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Good communication skills, be well organised and able to work under their own initiative
- Good IT skills
- Experience with using Conquest estimating software or similar
- Full driving license
The client is offering a negotiable salary between £60,000 – £65,000 depending on experience.
If you’re an experienced Quantity Surveyor, please forward your CV through to us.
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.