Who we are
The IT Dept is based in Leyland and we're a small, dedicated team with a big heart and great attitude looking to further enhance our corner of the world. As a Managed Service Provider offering solid ICT solutions and support for businesses, schools and charities throughout Lancashire we need you to join us in this mission.
Who you are
Ideally someone with quality experience in a similar role educated to degree level. If you’ve got experience in the education sector or a private IT company, all the better as you’ll be able to hit the ground running. You will be a good communicator with the ability to proactively troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues yet be able to explain them in simple terms to clients as required.
Training opportunities are available, along with peer mentoring which will combine with being actively encouraged to put your mark on The IT Dept.
What you'll do
Amongst other things, you will provide a point of contact for clients, carry out day to day helpdesk support, web host management, emails, Microsoft 365 admin, site visits to schools and businesses.
Repair, maintain, install and upgrade computers, servers and network infrastructure equipment, along with backup and Disaster Recovery deployment and monitoring.
Effectively resolve client issues with a variety of software and needs, so you’ll have the ability to think on your feet and be confident in delivering success.
The usual techie stuff that is core business along with relevant project delivery.
To further enhance your application, having business development experience and marketing knowledge would be a great additional skill to have for internal processes, documentation, customer service and to drive company growth.
Skills and Experience (or an awareness and willingness to learn)
- Veeam, Hyper-V, VMware, AzureAD, Microsoft 365, Windows Server 2012-2019, Active Directory, Group Policies
- WAN, LAN and WiFi (DrayTek and Ruckus)
- DNS, WHM, cPanel hosting interfaces
- Hardware and software diagnostics and repairs or upgrades
- Telecoms application and hardware support
- Cyber-security knowledge of best practices and Endpoint Protection Methods
- Attention to detail, resolution logging and documentation, good timekeeping, communication and the power to take away the pain of suffering client
- Have a driving licence and car for client visits (mileage costs reimbursed)
How to apply
If you'd like to get involved then please send your CV or link to your LinkedIn page along with a covering letter.